A New strategic rail interchange is being proposed on the land between the villages of Blisworth, Blisworth Arm and Milton Malsor in Northamptonshire.
- It will be one of the largest construction sites in the UK lasting up to 10 years
- Potential destruction of up to 250 hectares of farmland.
- Eventually creating 8 million square feet of warehousing; rail sidings; lorry and container parks; and industrial cranes.
- It could create increased traffic flows through the village.
- 24/7 light & noise pollution.
Below is a link you a YouTube video that reflects what the proposed roundabout on the Northampton to Towcester Road could look like with containers being unloaded from trains on the rail side of the site and either transferred to the warehouses on the other side by diesel shunter or directly distributed via the road network (and not necessarily the A43).
(note: I’ve watched this and there are over 70 HGV’s and easily as many cars, if not more, in view in this 7 minute video. Ed.)